On 24 of November online round table “Planning and development of social services for children and families with children in hromadas. Overview of best practices” took place.
We would like to thank you to the speakers of the event Natalia Datchenko @UNICEF, Olga Moroz @Hope and Homes for Children for sharing their long-term practical experience in the development of social services for children and families with children, including the introduction of integrated social services, preventive services taking into account interests of the child.
The round table was attended by Kateryna Nimets, Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration, Dnipropetrovsk Regional CSSSDM, Tomakivska hromada, as well as about 50 participants from 5 regions – Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Luhansk.
During the event, the following questions were discussed:
- the need for a systematic approach in the implementation of social services: situation analysis, training, service implementation, quality monitoring.
- the need for coordination and interagency cooperation at the local level
- the introduction of preventive social services as a priority for communities – is a cost-effective way to prevent the removal of children.
- increasing the competence of social services staff, introducing a system of advanced training
- the need to develop a family-oriented approach, improve the quality of services for families in difficult life circumstances
- introduction of mechanisms for taking into account the child’s opinion
We would like to thank you to all GIZ partners for participation!
The event was organized by the GIZ project “Strengthening resources for sustainable development of host communities in eastern Ukraine."